PayPal plugin - not sending confirmation mail automatically after payment?

Started by freeme, March 25, 2012, 20:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeme

Joomla 2.5.3
VM 2.0.3.e

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone of you, using the PayPal plugin ever got it 100% fully working? Paypal payment works, but there is no confirmation mail sent out to the customer, even that the payment was completed.

This in particular is quite annoying especially if you are selling virtual downloads, as you have to change the status to "confirmed" manually, before the download link is sent out...

For all other users of PayPal - the status is changed from "PENDING" to "CONFIRMED" automatically?

freeme

Seems like nobody is having that problem anymore.

Additionally: at the moment - when I am selling downloadabel files, then there is no download link sent with the confirmation mail, when a user pays with PAYPAL. If it is paid with standard payment, then the link is sent.

This is driving me crazy

ramonesmania

I'm using Joomla 2.5.4, VM 2.0.4 and i have a common issue about PayPal plugin

My customers and my eshop get confirmation mail only when the the payment is confirmed.
If the customer cancel for some reason the payment neither customer or eshop get mail but the order is recorded in the admin panel.

Is it possible to send mail even in that occasion?

spyderwebdesign

which paypal plugin are you guys using? Is your paypal pro or express?

freeme

Standard VM paypal plugin

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

spyderwebdesign

Quote from: freeme on April 16, 2012, 16:44:50 PM
Standard VM paypal plugin

I haven't used that one since it doesn't allow you to add your API Username, API Password, and API Key.

I did see in the configure there is an option for "Order Status for Successful transactions" which you can set to confirmed. I would suspect that would cause the email to fire.