News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Template ignoring "Featured" for front page.

Started by knlpres, November 08, 2016, 16:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knlpres

Hello, Thank you for reading.  Using:
Joomla 3.3.6
Virtuemart 3.0.18

I'm using a Shape5 theme (GCK Shop) and within VM there is the "Feature" selection. 
In the theme there is a slider and it is for "Featured Products". 
In the backend I'm supposed to be able to choose between being displayed in the feature or not.  But when I make changes, even when I empty the site cache folder and clear the browser cache, it ignores my changes.  Things like I have a main product with child products.  I want the main product to display but not the child.  So I select the main one and deselect the child products and they all appear.

I wrote shape5 and they said it is a known issue here is their response.

"Hello,

The template itself does not control any of these features, that's entirely handled by Virtuemart. I would suggest posting this question on virtuemart.net's forum board so they can assist you with their component. I've personally tried to setup a similar scenario in Virtuemart and was not able to get it to work either, I am not sure if it's a bug in their component, or if there's a known work around."

So does anyone have a work around or other suggestion for a plugin that would work?  I'm not married to anything.  I need it to work well.

Thank you.

K&K media production

Joomla 3.3.6

You need to update your Joomla!

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.msg402445#msg402445

Your child products should be uncategorised and this config option must be disabled: Show uncategorised child products in search results and modules?

knlpres

OK, updated Joomla.  No change.

Checked the "Show uncateg.." was disabled.  It was already.

Removed categories from products and now the main product does not have the additional counts.

DO I need to make a category called "uncategorized" and add them to  that?  Because as of now I just don't have them in a category.

knlpres

K&K media production

QuoteDO I need to make a category called "uncategorized" and add them to  that?  Because as of now I just don't have them in a category.

no you can leave the category field empty

knlpres

If I left it empty then the parent product didn't have the child ones.  I had to make them "uncategorized" and then it worked.