News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shopping cart error

Started by fcdigital, June 18, 2016, 06:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcdigital

Hello, I have a problem with shopping cart and (I think) cache.

Please try the following

www.salonmarket.mx

click on any product and add to the shopping cart, , show cart, you will see that shopping cart number icon is updated to"1". That's ok

Then from the show cart page  click on logo, you will be directed to home page again and now check again the number icon on shopping cart, its zero again.

It seems that somehow a cache of home page has been stored and it shows zero products has it was the value the first time you opened the site.

I can fix this cleaning Joomla cache then reloading home page again and now shows "1" as it should be, but obviously that is not a solution.

This happens with any page, not just home page. I mean if you go and browse for example:

Home page, page A, page B , page C, then you add a product an the go back to home page o pages A, B, C you will fond that these pages still show zero on products. If you brows to any page not browsed before it shows "1".

See image.

Please help me with this issue. Thanks!
Joomla 3.5.1 + Virtuemart 3.0.16

MagikCommerce

Hello fcdigital,

It seems that you have enabled the "System Page Cache".

Except Admin -> Global Configuration -> Cache", all other cache-related things (plugins or template settings etc..) should be disabled.

"page cache" is caching the whole pages & everything and makes the website completely static.

At admin Extensions -> Plugins and  search for this plugin: "System - Page Cache" and make sure it is disabled.

If that plugin is already disabled, then look if you have any other 3rd party cache plugin you have and disable them all.

Regards,
MagikCommerce

fcdigital

Thanks a lot for you help Magik!

I had the plugin enabled because I had read that in a guide to improve Joomla performance. I guess it would be a good option in a "static" Joomla site, but not an eCommerce site.

Great help!!
Joomla 3.5.1 + Virtuemart 3.0.16