News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Images wont delete or edit

Started by JamieYoungman, June 05, 2015, 13:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieYoungman

VM: 2.6.0a

Joomla: 2.5.20

PHP Version 5.4.28

Hi there.

I am fairly new to Joomla/ Virtuemart.

For some reason i cannot delete product images or edit the images, the delete and edit button on the thumbnail in; components/Virtuemart/products/productX/Product Images

There are 3 thumbnails at the top of the page and none of them can be deleted or edited. This is the case throughout the site. I am not sure how long this has been the cased, as i have only just passed this client.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and as i said im new to Joomla so if i have not explained too well let me know.

//Jay

jenkinhill

That VirtueMart version is over a year old and insecure, so updating is recommended, as well as update your Joomla version. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

The current latest VM2 version is 2.6.17  It is possible that there was a bug in 2.0.6a, as there was only a week from the release of that version to the release of an update, I have never seen such an issue with current versions. Test any updates on a backup copy of the live site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JamieYoungman

Hi Jenkinhill

Yes i'm aware they are out of date, our latest sites are using the latest versions of Joomla and also VM, this is an old customer that has been handed over to me.

I will follow your advice and update VM to the latest version allowed within the Joomla Version, as updating Joomla is not an option for this site.

Thanks again