News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Overriding vm-ltr-common.css breaks images

Started by allamistakeo19, May 14, 2015, 15:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allamistakeo19

Hi,

According to the following page, it is expected that images get broken when one overrides vm-ltr-site.css:
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/106-override-vmsite-ltr-css.html

In my case, overriding this file has not broken the images. However, I am now trying to also override vm-ltr-common.css, and this does break the images. Applying the trick mentioned on the previous webpage (copying the images to my template/images folder) has not solved the issue.

Any ideas?...

VirtueMart 3.0.8
Joomla! 3.4.1

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

You copied
the  entire vmgeneral folder and the image files 
    vm2-sprite.png
    color-stars.png
    icon_external_link.png

into your Joomla template/images folder and the css overrides into Joomla template/css folder?

In which case all the VM image paths should be correct for sprites, stars, backgrounds.

Did you clear Joomla/browser caches?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

allamistakeo19

To sum it up:

Situation 1)
I have only overridden vm-ltr-site.css
-> According to the documentation, I would have expected the images to stop working, but they are still working, and I didn't have to copy them to my template.

Situation 2)
I have overwridden both vm-ltr-site.css and vm-ltr-common.css
-> The images stopped working.

Situation 3)
I have overridden both vm-ltr-site.css and vm-ltr-common.css, and I have also overridden all the images you mentioned by copying them into my template at the places you mentioned
-> The images still aren't working.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

allamistakeo19

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 16, 2015, 10:59:12 AM
URL?

Unfortunately, I can't share any URL. I'm using VirtueMart to implement an online wedding list on a private wedding website, and the shop is not accessible to the public, but rather only to the wedding invitees.

But I would be surprised if the behavior I'm describing were not reproducible by anyone.

GJC Web Design

you don#t say what images...  do u mean background css images  or what

give some examples of your broken image paths etc -- I don't think anyone will bother with a guessing game as to what you actually mean...

you need to provide more basic info - what does firebug say with your "broken images"?

what is the css that causes the broken images?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

allamistakeo19

It turns out this was just a beginner's mistake.  :-[
Flushing the cache in my browser and fully reloading the page has solved the problem.
Sorry for the false alarm.

jenkinhill

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 14, 2015, 17:26:23 PM

Did you clear Joomla/browser caches?

I did mention that for a reason....    Good to know you can now get on with developing the site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jlhall07

Hey guys,

I double check and re-checked every item on the list. I've copied the full vm general folder in to my template image folder including the "remove_from_cart.png" and "update_quantity_cart.png"
Which are the one I'm having issues with. I've tried to link the templates css file to the external "vm-ltr-site.css" file but that did nothing. I've since embeded the css from the site file in to the "template.css" file and I get the grey boxes next to the carts quantity the right size 24px. I can even edit the css and make the boxes larger or smaller. I just can not get the images to show up.

I've cleared the browser's and Joomla cache and nothing

I'm at a loss...

Joomla - 2.5.28
VM - 3.0.8
PHP - 5.4.21

jlhall07

I've since added the vm-ltr-commom.css to my template.css and now the images in the cart show up but they are all the exact same image... Huh? I've looked and looked and found nothing. my url is www.eightyapparel.com. My VM3 and joomla configuration is in my previous post.