News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PDF button in product details - Blank Page

Started by chrisrbk, May 20, 2015, 17:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisrbk

Hi all,

I'm using Joomla 3.3.6 and Virtuemart 3.0.6.2 and PHP 5.5.22.
I'm working on a Gavick template (shop and buy template), the site is multilingual (it/en).

I'm having a serious issue with the pdf button in the product details page.
When I click it, it shows me a blank page.
Sometimes I find this error in Chrome Developer tools: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)"
In other pages with the same issue no errors, no messages, nothing at all.

Here's a link to a product page in my site:
http://www.easylabs.it/it/negozio/comunicatori/comunicatore-big-step-by-step-con-livelli-detail

Please could anyone help me?
Thank you very much,
chrisrnk

jenkinhill

Sounds like a lack of PHP resources. You should check the server error log - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121692.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

chrisrbk

Hi jenkinhill,
thank you for your answer.

I already enabled vmdebug but nothing was shown.
Today I also set Global Configuration > Error Reporting to Maximum and finally a message is shown in the blank page after clicking the PDF button in the product detail page:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Invalid JDocument Class' in /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/joomla/document/document.php:305 Stack trace: #0 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/joomla/factory.php(737): JDocument::getInstance('pdf', Array) #1 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/joomla/factory.php(215): JFactory::createDocument() #2 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/templates/gk_shop_and_buy/error.php(40): JFactory::getDocument() #3 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(135): require_once('/web/htdocs/www...') #4 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/joomla/document/error/error.php(107): JDocumentError->_loadTemplate('/web/htdocs/www...', 'error.php') #5 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/legacy/error/error.php(791): JDocumentError->render(false, Array) #6 /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php(134): JError::customErrorPage(Object(RuntimeException)) #7 [internal function]: PlgSystemRedire in /web/htdocs/www.easylabs.it/home/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 305

Unfortunately I can't understand what it means.

Please, could you help me?
Thank yu in advance,
Christophe

jenkinhill

Well that error all seems to come from Joomla. I see you have J3.3.6 and VM3.0.6.2 but these are old versions, for a start an update of VM is required for security reasons, see http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/469-security-release-vm3-0-8

Current versions to use are Joomla 3.4.1 and VM3.0.9 - but test on a backup copy of your site first. This may fix the problem, or it could maybe be related to your template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum