News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.0.20b to which is stable compatible in joomla

Started by kalanithi, January 07, 2015, 14:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalanithi

I have currently using virtuemart version 2.0.20b was running on joomla 2.5.14. site successfully running,
Now I need to upgrade joomla 2.5.14  to joomla 2.x.x and I need to upgrade virtuemart from 2.0.20b to x.x.x which is stable compatible one for joomla 2.5.28.
Any help on how to do this, I can't afford to install new version as all my user data will be lost in fresh installation of new version.
Whish version compatible on Joomla and Virtuemart?????

my old version
Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.20b
PHP 5.3.28-1~dotdeb.0
Mysql 5.0.8
Apache 2.0

jenkinhill

Update Joomla to 2.5.28  (you should disable to End of Support Notifier Joomla plugin which is in that version). Then update VM to 2.6.14 but check the updates on a backup copy of your site first.  You could then update to VM3.0.2 but as you have already found, your 3rd party Joomla template is not suitable for that version.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kalanithi

Template name : VP ProMart 1.1a
Fatal error: Call to a member function call() on a non-object in /home/public_html/cms/cms/staging_alt1/templates/vp_promart/html/mod_virtuemart_category/default.php on line 39

Warning: require(/home/public_html/cms/cms/staging_alt1/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/permissions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/cms/cms/staging_alt1/templates/vp_promart/code/com_virtuemart/views/category/view.html.php on line 241

jenkinhill

Once again, ask the template developer for an update as the errors are coming from his code.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum