News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Images - What tables are involved?

Started by Herman01, March 27, 2014, 04:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman01

Hi,

(Update to this message is posted here at the top.)
(March 27, 2014)

What tables are associated with product images?
There has to be one or more tables beyond jos25_virtuemart_medias

(Original post from March 26, 2014:)

I am just starting out populating my virtue mart with data.

Right now I have a bunch of products listed in:

jos25_virtuemart_products
jos25_virtuemart_products_en_gb
jos25_virtuemart_product_prices

I have only one product that I have attached 2 images to.
No other products have images attached to them.

The product has an ID that I gave it of 1666. (This '1666' was put into jos25_virtuemart_products.product_sku )

The two images that show up are named:

1666.jpg
1666.jpg_label

When I go to that product page both those images show up in thumbnails and they both show up full size when I click a thumbnail.

When I change

jos25_virtuemart_medias.file_title from 1666.jpg to 1669.jpg 
jos25_virtuemart_medias.file_url from images/stories/virtuemart/product/1666.jpg to images/stories/virtuemart/product/1669.jpg 

jos25_virtuemart_medias.file_title from 1666.jpg_label to 1669.jpg 
jos25_virtuemart_medias.file_url from images/stories/virtuemart/product/1666.jpg_label to images/stories/virtuemart/product/1669.jpg 

and then refresh the page for the 1666 product... 1669's image shows up

That makes sense...but...

Here's my question...

• How does jos25_virtuemart_medias know that those two records (shown above) should contain the image for 1666 REGARDLESS of what image I put in there?
  • For example I put in there 1669.jpg and it did NOT put an image out there for product 1669... it just changed 1666's image
  • There has to be some other table that tells the system that those two records are for 1666 REGARDLESS of what is in the file_title and file_url fields.

Can someone tell me what those tables are?

I need to attach about 1,000 images to about 500 products and I want to do it by uploading a CSV to populate the appropriate tables fast rather than do it by hand and going into each product and doing 10,000 clicks of the mouse.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

H