News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

User creation problem from Checkout page

Started by FICBA, March 11, 2014, 14:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FICBA

Hi,

I'm having an issue when a user is created via the virtuemart checkout process.

If I create a user in the Joomla backend, that user can login to the website without issue.

However if a user is created during the checkout process then when they are logged in the I just get a blank (white) page. I also get the same if I login as that user first before proceeding to the checkout.

My Joomla site is 2.5.19 and Virtuemart is 2.0.26d, website is www.vo2bikes.co.uk.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Julian

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FICBA

Error logging set to Maximum, and the logs aren't showing any errors.

When the Register and Checkout button is clicked, I'm presented with a white page and no movement after that.

If I reload the page, i then get an error to say the username is already in use....this is because the account has already been created at the white page stage. If I then try to login with the account that has been created all I get is a white page again.....and nothing in the log files on the server.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Julian

FICBA

This is a real show stopper for me at the moment, any thoughts would be gratefully received......

Thanks

Julian

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FICBA

Yes, JoomlaRoot > Logs......     both com_virtuemart & error.php had no entries for when I did the testing last night.

jenkinhill

I refer to the log files below www root - if you can't get at them with ftp then usually you can through cPanel. A clear white screen usually means a 500 error but it can sometimes not be recorded within Joomla as the system stops before it can do so.

Also an issue with https is a possibility and that should show in the server log.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

FICBA

Ah ok, I have full access to the server..... what log files am I looking for please?

Best regards

Julian

jenkinhill

On my servers these are stored in a directory one level below www root, but quick access is through cPanel - see pic.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

FICBA

Thanks for your help.

I've resolved the problem, it looks like an stats extension I installed was messing the process up.

I completely unistalled it and now everything is back to normal.

Thanks again

Julian