Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Customize email and invoice page

Started by lell0, January 05, 2016, 23:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lell0

Hi friends,
i need some help about a VM customization...in attachments files you can see

Screen 1: order page the name miss, because it's 'name' (Displayed Name) of joomla core's field..How can i add this here? and i would hide terms of service..
Screen 2: the email for vendor: here the same problem for name. How can i add the name of field? Ex. Name : Gabriele City: Milan ecc...
Screen 3: How can i hide the second part after activation button?
Screen 4: Fix the data in second part of the email... What is BT??

Also in order summary, pdf invoice for the delivery misses some fields.
How can I customize that? Whic are the files and the code?
Thanks a lot,
Gabriele

AjaD

I notice that every time people ask about this there is no reply. Why is that guys?

We're working on VM3 and have been struggling for days. Files under components>com_virtuemart>views>invoices are one huge mess. It may be clear for those who developed the system but not for others. E.g. our problem is aligning the Shipping address to the left of the table and cannot find the proper CSS! This is really frustrating.

Please considering improving the invoice and email layout issue. There are many 3rd party extensions that do this but really, this should be part of your services.

Thanks.

GJC Web Design

should be part of your services?  The whole project is totally free to you and no one gets paid a penny for answering the posts here...

You know where the files are that produce the emails and to change the appearance and layout requires only the basic html/css skills that are associated with website building.

It is really too much to ask that this forum provides individual styling solutions for each poster...

by its nature this software is used to produce revenue producing websites.....  if you have a particular styling wish then if u haven't the skills to produce that then it is perfectly reasonable you buy one of the 3rd party  solutions or employ someone to code what you want....
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AjaD

You're right, it is free and much appreciated, and there would be no problem if the html and css files were properly marked. But it is not clear. We tried several 3rd party extensions and each one has some flaw. So what I'm saying is: can the files be better marked up so any designer can figure it out?

GJC Web Design

put that way is better.. yes.. but if you study the system the template file is directly named

echo $this->loadTemplate('pricelist');  =  mail_html_pricelist.php

in there u see it goes to

$this->setLayout('invoice');
echo $this->loadTemplate('items');

i.e.  invoice_items.php
etc

there is the html set and the raw set

as a reminder/help put things like   <!--invoice_items.php-->  at the top

while developing put <?php die();  ?> at the end of the   mail_html.php  and trigger the mail by a admin status change

the mail will print out on the screen

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation