News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

add to cart in category layout

Started by nbirrell, January 06, 2014, 13:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbirrell

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the 'add to cart' button from a page with category layout. I am setting up a shoe selling shop and need customers to select the product details button first so that they can then pick their shoe size from an attribute list. If the 'add to cart' button shows on the category layout then customers might mistakenly select this without nominating their shoe size.

Thanks.

lindapowers

If you use child products this button should not appear since they are forced to select one first.

If you use custom fields with cart attributes maybe it appears,

In any case, this is an option your template provider should include in the template settings,

Regards

nbirrell

Hi Lindapowers, thanks for the reply, its is much appreciated. I have been through the template settings and cannot find an option to disable the add to cart button in category view. Do you know if i have to edit the css file to achieve what i'm hoping to?

Many thanks

jenkinhill

The default category view in VirtueMart does not have an add to cart button for each product. Nor is it a configurable option.

So I guess you are using a commercial template with add to cart added, in which case you will need to edit the category template override file to remove the cart code. Compare that file with the VM default category view file,  components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum