News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Module override don't work VM 2.0.26a

Started by Perino, January 08, 2014, 14:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perino

Hi,

iam facing the problem that my override mod_virtuemart_search wont work.

File for overwriting is placed in
..\templates\homepage\html\mod_virtuemart_search\default.php

But Joomla don't touch the override file, only changes in the original (..modules\mod_virtuemart_search\tmpl\default.php)
will be done.

VM Version: 2.0.26a

Can anybody help?

Thank you!

jenkinhill

templates/beez_20/html/mod_virtuemart_search/default.php overrides just fine for me in testing on 2.0.26b  (should be no different in 2.0.26a)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Perino

I haven seen that it works when I do the override in my second template (its a sub template for my product details).

I thought, that overrides should only done in the Master Template?

jenkinhill

You can specify the template in Config/templates/Shopfront Settings  - and make sure menu items are correct for the modules.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Perino

Yes, I know! But according to Virtuemart Documentation, this shouldnt work.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/33-templating-layouts/78-introduction-template-system.html

"The virtuemart default shop template is overriding the joomla configurations. You can choose in the configuration the template and layout for the shop, the category and the product view and you can override these values per category and product.
The problem behind this construction is that the joomla template override system does only work for the template loaded by joomla. So when you have the "Rhuk_milkyway" template set as default in joomla, but you use for example the "Beez" template for categories and placed a layout for override in it, then it is not used! Because joomla looks only in the "Rhuk_milkyway" template for layouts."

So thats why Iam confused, that the override of this module, located in the default template does not work! Otherwise the override located in the Sub-Template (2nd template) is working.

The other template overrides, like discussed yesterday, are only working eg. in the ..\templates\homepage\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails.php of the default template and not in the Sub-Template (2nd Template)!

jenkinhill

I don't read docs - I just do it. Worked previously fine for me with 2 templates and just checked latest version and it still works. Atomic as default Joomla template, Beez20 as VM template defined in main menu link to VM Homepage. Override in Beez html directory for search module works fine in VM,  and if I add the override also to Atomic then it works for other menu items, too.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK