News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Changing or adding to the "Product Sort Order Settings" in VM2

Started by mccreations, August 23, 2013, 06:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccreations

Hey does anyone know how to add or change the Product Sort Order Settings? Also, how to change the "Manufacturer" option? I'm creating a website for a wine store so I would need to add/change the sort order.

Basically I want to be able to sort by country, type, varietal, etc.

jenkinhill

You can sort products in the backend by drag and drop in the current version. Manufacturer order cannot yet be set, For a wine store front end a product filter system is probably essential, I have used this one: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100913.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mccreations

@jenkinhill what do you mean by drag and dropping products? I'm looking to add/change the "sort by" field. See the attached screen shot. I did download the other option you suggested and that may work but I would really like to use what is built in.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

I read that as sort the product order inh the backend. Now I realise that you want to sort in the front-end. The available sortby fields are listed in Product Sort Order Settings. You could maybe write or commission a plugin to provide more options if you need them, but it really does sound as if a filter is what you need, especially as it is already written....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum