News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to remove login for returning customers?

Started by panorama, November 23, 2012, 17:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panorama

VM 2.0.12 - Joomla! 2.5.7 - OTAnte template

I would like to remove the login fields (I am already a customer) in the VM cart as it confuses my new customers. However, I have not been able to find out what to do to have it removed without messing everything up.
Is there a simple answer to how I do this? See attached.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

First i wan't to clarify that you are not able to know the returning customers until they login!! am i right??? As i see from your photo this have to do with your commerial template or any third party login modules for joomla because vm2 uses the joomla default login module and when a users login shows only the logout button. Please ask your template provider for that.

IF you want just to remove the login module from cart or other pages you can do the following:

The best was is to ask the template vendor how to apply your changes because may be their overrides does not mach the default vm2 templates.

The best way to do that is to remove it to edit your custom template for users under your_joomla_folder\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default.php for the car page, around line 79 on the default cart template there is:

<?php echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm ($this->cartFALSE);

just comment out that line, like:

<?php //echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm ($this->cart, FALSE);

You could also use some CSS to hide it on your vm css override.

This is an example for the cart page you could do the same for registration, edit address, etc. Like the edit address template inside your_joomla_folder\templates\your_template\html\com_virtuemart\user\edit_address.php around line 36.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Abbring

That solution worked for me bytelord using VM2 2.0.18 & Joomla 2.5.9

Thank you for posting!!!