News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Destination Based Sales Tax

Started by baddabing, January 25, 2013, 17:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baddabing

Currently using virturemart 2.0 to setup an online clothing store. Since our business is based out of Washington State we have to collect sales tax based on the buyers location. I have searched hard and long on this and haven't been able to find a solution. Currently in VM2 I can only setup sales tax based on state and not region or zip, I need this functionality and am willing to pay to develop it if it isn't around.  Is there an add-on or module that I need to install to get around this. There has to be a work around for VM2 out there somewhere I can't be the only company that is having this same issue. Please let me know how I can solve this problem.

K&K media production

In tax settings you can choose usa as country and then in the next line a state like Alabama. Is this not enough?

jenkinhill

Look at the use of the included VM Avalara Tax plugin - this appears to do exactly what you want. The tutorial is on http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/28-plugins-payment-shipment-and-others/75-configure-avatax
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum