News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Clicking on thumbnail opens image

Started by thechordmaster, February 02, 2013, 16:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechordmaster

Hi Im using the latest builds of both joomla and virtuemart.. www.gokkamakka.com...
When i try clicking on the thumbnails the browser opens an enlarged version of the image.
I dont want this.
I want the click to have the same effect as of clicking on the product details button.
Please help.

Thanks much!

jenkinhill

Looks like you have out of date template overrides, so you can either update those yourself or get them from http://www.omegatheme.com/

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0

The current VM2.0.18a category template does have an image link straight to product details.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

thechordmaster

Thanks for the speedy reply...!!

I'm a newbie and im not sure what template overrides mean.
Having said that i could replace the necessary code if you could tell me what line i should replace.
The way i see it, the code needs to be replaced with that mentioned in the product details button, right?

jenkinhill

You have to ask the template developer to provide the update then. We cannot supply a solution as first we would have to buy a copy of the template to see what has been done & how it works, and to post the parelstore code here may be in breach of that developer's copyrirght.

The override template will be in  joomla_root/templates/ot_parelstore/html/com_virtuemart/category/  - compare this with the standard VM category template at joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php

The image/link code is:

<a title="<?php echo $product->link ?>" rel="vm-additional-images" href="<?php echo $product->link?>">
<?php
echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage"'false);
?>

</a>
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum