News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to show VAT/TAX only in the cart?

Started by LAMF, November 23, 2012, 13:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAMF

I have VM 2.0.14 running on J2.5.8 and it has been up and running for a while now.
I have a little problem with the displaying of VAT.
I only want VAT displayed in the cart when a customer checks out not in the regular frontend shop and product view.
In that view I only want the full price including VAT to be shown.
How can I set this up in the backend?
BR
LAMF - R.I.P. Johnny Thunders

Bigitybossman

Hi,

I am interested in this also. Can anyone help out with this one?

Cheers

LAMF

The way I have managed to set it up now is to actually only show VAT in the cart and the full price in the shop view.
I did this to accomplish it:
1. In the Products/Tax and calculation rules (translated from swedish) I created a new rule that I named VAT (Moms) and set it up like this:
a) Description: VAT on all prices
b) Type of calculation: Tax per product (Moms per produkt)
c)  Math operation: +%
d) Value: 25.0000
e) Currency: SEK
f) Product category: All selected
g) Then I left the rest as default values

2. Then under Proucts/Products I clicked on desired product and under Product pricing (Produktens prissättning) I did this:
a) Buying price (inköpspris): Total price excluding VAT (My client has like 1000 different products set up and all of them are including VAT), then left all other values unchanged
b) Under Pricerule overrides I simply added my just created rule Moms in the Moms (VAT) selection box and clicked Save to save all and then you see that the VAT is added correctly as the total price (Slutpris).

Then you have to set up where to display this and to do that I did like this:

1. Under Configuration/Configuration and Price tab I checked under the Configuration of price (left column)
a) Show VAT in cart - Yes  rest I left unchecked
b) Under Show the following prices I checked these values:
Base price
Base price changes
New base price changed with choosed product variant
Final price
Prices with discount (rebate) but without overrides
Discount amount (rabatterat belopp)
Standardised price (only checked the show label option on this one)

Save

Now it looks ok with no VAT in the shop but with both VAT and price without VAT and total price in the cart.
Don't know if this is the correct way doing it but it seem to work ok for now.

URL to the shop is here: http://www.stigsbergsgard.se/index.php/hastsportbutiken
BR

LAMF

Well  :( this wasn't quite as easy as I thought... by doing this the PayPal option added an extra VAT on all products, not so good at all so here we stand without any good solution to the VAT problem. Is there really noone who knows a real solution to this?
I think VM is great but there are some leaks that need to be filled, so I am suprprised such an important thing is so hard to solve.
BR