News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Order and invoices

Started by stefanthorpe, October 22, 2012, 10:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanthorpe

I have recently installed VM for a client.

1st - They have asked me to keep the invoice numbers and the order numbers the same, how do I reconfigure VM to do this? If I cant what is the reasoning behind it being to seemingly random number?

2nd - How do I alter the pdf template?

3rd - I have used the custom fields so that customers can select different colors, how do I include this information in the invoice?

Thanks for your help

Stefan

reinhold

1st: I have now created such a plugin, which allows the shop owner to change the order number, order password and invoice number at will:
http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/40-vm2-ordernumber.html

The format is given as a text string, where [...] is understood as a variable and replaced by its value (e.g. [year] by the current year).

The running counter is indicated by #. The counter can be configured to be global (e.g. not reset each year/month/..) or a separate counter for each year/month/...
If you only want the order number as a running count, the format is simply '#' (without the quotes). If you want to prefix the order/invoice numbers by the year or year+month then the format it simply '[year]-#' or '[year2][month]#'... If you want the invoice number to be the same as the order number (this might not fulfill some legal requirements about invoices having successive numbers!), you can simply use '[orderNumber]'.
There are many more possibilities in the plugin!

I hope you like the plugin and it does what you need.

2nd: previous VM 2.0.x versions had problems with template overrides, but in the latest versions you can use template overrides to override the output generated from components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice*.php (of course you can also directly modify those files, but that might break when you upgrade to a new version).

3rd: In the template overrides you cann also access those custom fields.

deepakdhingra

Dear reinhold,

Your plugin is a boon. Thank you very much for creating this. I am sure many, many VM store owners and admins are going to thank you.

Deepak Dhingra