News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Large product image on flypage

Started by jelly, July 03, 2012, 13:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelly

Hi everybody,

On my browsepage I have a thumbnail image of my product, just as it should be. But on my flypage, my VM shows directly a large image of the product, why?

In my shop configuration, tab page Templates, I have ticked the Dynamic Thumbnail option and I have given  a hight and width of the thumbnail (tried without filling in these fields to, but I get the same large image on the flypage).

What am I doing wrong here?
How can I solve this?

srajca

upload a smaller image or set the height/width in css.
if you change the dimensions in vm config it applies only for the thumbnails and not the main image. Search for main image in css or add it to your template.css and make an override.

jelly

The place where VM normally shows the thumbnail, is now showing this large image directly (the customer does not have to click on a thumbnail to see a larger picture, it is already there in the large size, which it isnt supposed to be).

The large image is for the ''enlarge image'' if the customer wants to see a larger picture. If I upload a smaller picture in my main picture directory I will not be able to give the customer te opportunity to look at a larger picture.

srajca

try deleting all of the images in product/resized folder (they will be created again with the dimensions you specified in vm config for thumbnails) and then go to media files in vm config and click sync media
if that doesn't work then make sure that in default_images.php in productedatils folder you have this code for additional images
<?php
// Showing The Additional Images
// if(!empty($this->product->images) && count($this->product->images)>1) {
if (!empty($this->product->images) and count ($this->product->images)>1) {

?>

<div class="additional-images">
<?php
// List all Images
if (count($this->product->images) > 0) {
    foreach ($this->product->images as $image) {
echo '<div class="floatleft">' $image->displayMediaThumb('class="product-image"'true'class="modal"'truetrue) . '</div>'//'class="modal"'
    }
}
?>

$image->displayMediaThumb

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jelly

Hi, many thanks for your reactions.

I just noticed that deleting the product/resized folder only influences the size of the browsepage... the image on the flypage is still huge... I thought the thumbnail on browsepage & flypage were using the same resized image. It looks like in VM2 it is using the full image instead!

Jenkinhill, your suggestion sounds great too, and this did the trick, the image is smaller now. However, now there remains one more question: I don't see the possibility for the shopvisitor to view a larger image anymore? Has this disappeared in VM2?

srajca

I didn't try but you can;). Try one of the following codes in productdetails/default_images.php
replace this     <div class="main-image">
<?php echo $this->product->images[0]->displayMediaFull('class="medium-image" id="medium-image"'false"class='modal'"true); ?>
    </div>

with this - i think this one should work...not 100% sure
    <div class="main-image">
<?php echo $this->product->images[0]->displayMediaFull('class="medium-image" id="medium-image"'true"class='modal'"true); ?>
    </div>

or this
    <div class="main-image">
<?php echo $this->product->images[0]->displayMediaFull('class="medium-image" id="medium-image"'true"class='modal'"truetrue); ?>
    </div>

let me know if it works

jelly

Hi Srajca,

Thank you very much for your reply! I really want to try that!
But, sorry for asking this stupid question :-[, where can I find productdetails/default_images.php??
I can not find it... :-[

srajca

you will find it in components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/...
but you should make an override by creating the files in
templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails.

see more on override here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.msg298367#msg298367

jelly

YIPPPIIEEE, thank you very much for your quick reply!

Changing FALSE into TRUE worked fine in the file
components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_images.php
!!!!!!!!!!

THANX!

srajca

I'm glad it worked out for you...glad I was able to help.
you should mark the thread as solved.

Tryer

I have just upgraded to Virtuemart 2.0.14 (Joomla 2.5.8) and now have exactly the problem described in this topic. I have tried each of the suggested solutions but none of them makes any difference. The large product image is still displayed on the flypage.

Any comments appreciated.