News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

A really unusual problem with VM2...

Started by texturesdepot, October 27, 2012, 10:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texturesdepot

Hello All... I'm experimenting a really "weird" problem with my web www.texturesdepot.com

When I go to one category and click over the image of each product, if I do with my PC no problem, with smartphones, no problem, with IE, no problem... but Chrome... If I see it using a PC no problem, when I see using a laptop a message appear "an error occurred"... I have two PCs and all is OK and I have two different laptops (different brands, etc...) and both give the error message and the image of the product is missing...

Any idea what is happening?

I have Joomla 2.5.7 and VM 2

Thanks!

bytelord

Hello,

Test it with chrome, firefox, ie from my PC and everything seems to work fine. Also i use firebug to examine for errors, but no errors. Did you try to clean your cache? Is there any chrome plugin that may cause that issue with your web site? I think just chrome crashes when using js modal ... may be....

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jenkinhill

I have now tested this in Chrome with PC, 1 laptop and 1 netbook. PC & laptop were OK, but the netbook showed product images but not the close popup X image.
G versions were 22.xxx on PC & laptop and 21.xxx on netbook. Updated the netbook to 22.xxx and the close image now shows!

So check your Chrome versions in case that is the issue. FYI I have occassionally seen problems with JS conflicts appearing only in Chrome before on sites using Artesteer templates but have no idea why.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

texturesdepot

Thanks you all..!!! the theme is artisteer's so may be this is the reason... who knows... I'll post to them this just in case...

Thanks!

bytelord

@jenkinhill I have also seen some strange issues with chrome in latest 2 versions (21, 22) where mess a little bit with css borders, as i see when CSS loaded prior to JS, then may be issues took place and sometimes without using js.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!