News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

My template is assigning 'modal' class to Featured Products thumbnails, why?

Started by isurfedthere, December 06, 2013, 16:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isurfedthere

EDIT: This post was initially entitled "How do I get rid of this lightbox on the shop home page?"

Hello all,

This is my first post and it certainly won't be my last!

I have installed VM 2.0.24c on Joomla 2.5.16 and started configuring the cart. I haven't installed any special templates or themes yet, and recently a lightbox popup started showing up on the home page of the cart. Not sure how this happened, and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Here is the page:

http://askwhatif.org/hrgs25/web-store

jenkinhill

It looks like you have a rogue modal JavaScript running in your template, as that is not the standard VirtueMart use of fancybox.

A big issue for you though is the presence of multiple pharmaceutical links hidden on the page which can get you removed from Google listing. You may wish to promote shitpill and other meds, but if not then you must ASAP look at your template code. The div begins:  <div style="position:absolute; left:-2023px; top:-2234px;    so it is off the viewable page.
This sort of hidden content is an all too frequent finding in "free" Joomla templates.

So 2 issues from the template?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

isurfedthere

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 06, 2013, 20:41:54 PM
It looks like you have a rogue modal JavaScript running in your template, as that is not the standard VirtueMart use of fancybox.

A big issue for you though is the presence of multiple pharmaceutical links hidden on the page which can get you removed from Google listing. You may wish to promote mild and other meds, but if not then you must ASAP look at your template code. The div begins:  <div style="position:absolute; left:-2023px; top:-2234px;    so it is off the viewable page.
This sort of hidden content is an all too frequent finding in "free" Joomla templates.

So 2 issues from the template?

Regarding the pharmaceutical links issue, yes I noticed that code and removed it. Trying to figure out how it got there with my web hosts now. It wasn't originally in the template.

As for the modal box, I've hunted around in both the Joomla admin and Firebug and not found any answers yet. Any suggestions?

jenkinhill

If those links were not originally in the template then maybe your site has been hacked?

For tracking down the modal problem try using Beez template and disable any third party addons except VirtueMart. Then add back in the other items you previously used until you see where the problem comes from.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

isurfedthere

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 07, 2013, 12:49:39 PM
If those links were not originally in the template then maybe your site has been hacked?

For tracking down the modal problem try using Beez template and disable any third party addons except VirtueMart. Then add back in the other items you previously used until you see where the problem comes from.

Ugh... the lightbox disappears with all other templates. Turning off all addons except for VM still doesn't get rid of it in my chosen template.

It didn't appear originally when I first installed this template. It seems that it appeared after setting something in the VM admin, but I can't sniff it out. I've customized the template a bit (nothing to do with javascript, just some css and a couple new module positions), but I suppose I'll have to backtrack and reinstall it. Argh...