News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can Virtuemart... No checkout shopping cart?

Started by CampaignPromotions, October 10, 2012, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CampaignPromotions

Hello everyone,

I'm in need a shopping cart solution without having to utilize the checkout functions.

I have a client who has just short of 2,000 products in various categories. They handle light planning for projects such as LED motion pictures on business complexes, indoor and outdoor lighting, so on and so forth, working with retailers, electricians, and other wholesale dealers. All their clients request fully detailed price quotes for a complete project (with accompanying plan) or bulk purchases and do not buy single products.

I would like to use Virtuemart to handle their product pages. Here is what I'm envisioning...
An image based category list that when you mouse over any image it has a 3D effect going from the text to a product image.
When the category is opened and you have the products in front of you they are listed in full detail, picture, connection maps (for the electricians), description, and the base price (optional). Instead of adding it to the cart I need a 'Request a Quote' or 'Contact Us' type link.

Is this possible with Virtuemart?

Thank you,

Cassandra Patton
Campaign Promotions, Inc.

John2400

Hi yes you can do that for each product.

The limit of what you put into the product section is up to you.

The wording is seen below : just doing a quick language override and yes on clicking it it opens a contact form.
http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/languge-manager/

"An image based category list that when you mouse over any image it has a 3D effect going from the text to a product image." That I have not seen But I'm sure someone could try a little coding

Have a look in the extensions in regards to categories - someone might have developed a new image or script.

[attachment cleanup by admin]