News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Different product images for different languages

Started by naoko15, May 30, 2013, 18:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naoko15

Yes, but the second thumb is not displayed in the frontend. When uploading images for two languages, It shows the same thumb for both. Also, uploading the second image replaces the first one. 

K&K media production

Quotesend me a link to the product with this 2 images

naoko15

Of course, it's here in a previous post, maybe you didn't see it:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116063.msg391321#msg391321

So, i've given up on having two different big images, but i still need two different thumbs. How can this be done? I'm going crazy : /

What i do --> upload big image
Choose Spanish - save - replace thumb - save
Choose English - save - replace thumb in english - save

The results is that the second thumbnail replaces the first one, so i get two exact thumbs for both languages. 

jjk

I just tested different product images and thumbnails for two languages and it's working on my local test site.
I would suggest that you use language specific filenames for both the product images and the thumbnails.
For example:
Product images: mahou-clasica-en.jpg and mahou-clasica-es.jpg
Thumbnails: mahou-clasica-en-thumb.jpg and mahou-clasica-es-thumb.jpg

Make shure, that the urls under the 'product images' tab are pointing to the -es product image and -es thumb for the spanish image and similar for the english image.
Also check if each of the two images has a language assigned to it.

It might be easier for you to use the Joomla media manager to upload language specific product images and thumbs.
If you rename images, don't forget to click on 'Synchronize media' in VirtueMart configuration, so that VM stores the names in the database.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

K&K media production

ok it seems you make it wrong

more in detail step by step:

1. upload the first image -> save
2. replace thumb of the first image -> save
3. choose language of first image -> save
4. upload second image -> save
5. on the top you can see the two images. each has on the right bottom corner a icon to load the details to edit it -> click the icon of the second image to load the details for editing
6. replace the thumb of the second image -> save
7. click the editing icon of the second image and choose the language -> save

naoko15

Ah ok, i was doing it wrong! my bad , i'm sorry very much. It's working for me now.

Thank you very much for your help!!