News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem with viewing Page 2 'keyword' search results. VM 2.04 J 2.5.4

Started by clicky, April 24, 2012, 22:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clicky

Search works correctly when used to search across all categories of products in the shop, but when search is restricted to products within specific categories (using the 'Search Filter Category' radio button set to yes in VMSearch), search page 1 yields the correct results and shows the products but when page 2 or subsequent pages are clicked they yield no products - even though pagination looks correct and there are products in pages 2 - but none appear.

Examples

With 'search within category off' in vmsearch - both Page 1 and Page 2 searches work correctly

Result Page 1 .... index.php/vm-front-page/search?keyword=Fruitol&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category
Result Page 2 .... index.php/vm-front-page/search/Fruitol/results,21-40

With 'search within category on' in vm search - Page 1 results appear correctly - but page 2 (results 21-40) do not appear

Result Page 1 .....index.php/vm-front-page/search/clothing/tshirts?keyword=Fruitol&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category
Result Page 2 .....index.php/vm-front-page/search/clothing/clothing/tshirts/results,21-40

Any help appreciated 

WebSoft

Hi Clicky

Had the exact same problem in VM 2.0.6
- and the router.php from VM 2.0.8 came with new problems...

This solved it for me:
Hardcoded this:
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101848.msg337946#msg337946

And this helped showing the correct number of items:
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101724.msg338442#msg338442

STILL - searching top level category - it searches in category=0, who don´t exist
- router.php add this to search pagniation navigation ( or what it´s called )

To avoid this I added a simple solution in modules/mod_virtuemart_search/tmpl/default.php - line 2:
if($category_id =='0'){$category_id='';}

Now all seaching work flawless for me  8)

- or if wanted - ONLY search all categories:
$category_id='';

- sorry all, wrong links first time  :-[