News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

manufacturer filter and products out of stock

Started by p.barg, October 01, 2024, 16:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.barg

Hello,

we're using the manufacturer filter in category view.
We noticed that in the drop-down list manufacturers are also listed if
they have no products with stock level > 0 assigned. If one of those manufacturers is selected, a message is shown that no products have been found. Is this the intended functionality?
I'm not sure if that always used to be like that in former versions of VM.

Is there a way to eliminate these manufacturers from the drop-down list?

Thanks, Petra

Virtuemart 4.2.18

Milbo

Hello Petra,

For me that sounds totally normal. But of course we could add that, but I wonder if it makes sense. Imagine you prepare a store and you add the menus, but the products are not importet yet, or created. Then other users would wonder, that they do not see their just created manufacturer.

I mean, I just had that case, that I created categories for a customer to set the menuitems, but we had no product yet.

Another case is, if you use the normal "list our manufacturers" view, then it could make sense to unlist manufacturers if there is no stock. But usually is this used to create requests.... so I wonder again if it makes sense for most of the users.

Maybe you can explain your problem better.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

p.barg

Hi Milbo,

thank you for your answer.
The situation for our customer is the following:
They have quite a lot of manufacturers and quite a lot of products. Some of the products are currently out of stock (but may be in stock again in the future).
If a customer navigates to a category overview page (let's say t-shirts) and uses the mf filter there, he may pick a manufacturer with no products. This results in an empty page with the message that there are no products found. This may come as a surprise for the customer, as that manufacturer was listed in the drop-down field.
For most shops this is probably no issue, but our customer keeps asking me why those manufacuteres are selectable form the drop-down list...

Best regards,

Petra

balai

Just use the Manufacturer filter from Custom Filters