News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bootstrap 5?

Started by x86, June 14, 2023, 17:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x86

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a web site that is still in dev (not online at this time). I'm using the helix ultimate by joomshaper and the problem I'm running into is that the developer of the template claims it is supported by bootstrap 3 and bootstrap 5 however, virtuemart has display issues with bootstrap 3 in the cart (nothing aligns properly) and some of the things in virtuemart don't work e.g: fancybox. IS there any way I can get bootstrap 5 into VM or, resolve this issue?

Thanks

jenkinhill

VM does not have any CSS for bootstrap 5. If necessary you can edit and override the BS3 CSS at components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-bs3-common.css

You don't say which Joomla/VM versions you are using or if you a using a third-party extension for checkout which would have its own CSS.
Best approach is not to specify a Layout Bootstrap version in VM configuration/template - ie use none/legacy.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

x86

hey,

sorry about that. I am running Joomla 4.3.2 with the latest version of virtuemart. At this time there are no third party extensions in use for checkout.

When you say create an override what exactly do you mean? I've never created an override... Is this taking the CSS from the template and creating a new segment for virtuemart to use?

I did play with some of the legacy options which work. Cart lay out as default and any other option fails. Legacy seems to work and align everything however, is there any way to use legacy with a grid of products? E.g: 4 categories wide and it lists them in that kinda row sequence?

Thanks

jenkinhill

To override CSS make a copy of the relevant .css file and edit as necessary. The file should be copied into your Joomla template's css directory which in J4 is buried in the media directory. This prevents it from being overwritten if/when VM is updated.  The VM doc file has not been updated for VM4 but shows the principle. http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/106-override-vmsite-ltr-css.html

To show 4 products per row in category view set Show products of the selected category to 4 products per row in Configuration/Templates. This works with legacy css.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jan.potuznik

In an article posted on the official page https://virtuemart.net/news/506-virtuemart-4 (from 29th April 2022) it's stated this:
"VirtueMart 4 comes with a new overridable Bootstrap 3 frontend template (Bootstrap 5 will follow soon) and new backend template."
Any idea when it will be prepared?

I'm interested in styling plugin settings form defined in XML manifest specifically.

EvanGR

I am also interested in this.
We will be migrating our site to latest J/VM in the coming months, and a move to BS5 is in order.

VM desperately needs a modern, minimal new frontend template, without any ties to jquery and legacy stuff.

If there was such a template, we would use it as a starting point to customize our shop.