News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Customer able to order items that are out of stock but

Started by maestroc, November 04, 2019, 01:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestroc

We recently had a customer that was somehow able to order products that are out of stock, and they are showing up as what appear to be parent products since there is no specification of reel ratio, etc. (we are a fishing equipment site) We have had this happen 2 or 3 times in the past, where the product shows up with no specification, but as far as I know until now it has not been an out of stock product, which makes sense because we've only had the notify me feature since the site was updated.

The product in question here is a new product that has not been in stock yet and was just set up in the last week or two. It's never been available to order.

I cannot duplicate this because I can't see any way to add these items to my cart because out of stock items only offer me the Notify Me option.

Any idea how this person was able to add this item to their cart? 

hellorain

Hi,

Virtuemart configuration settings allowerd user to place order even if it is out of stock,

You need to change setttings.

Best Regards,
hellorain.
Raincreatives - Virtuemart & Mobile Commerce Experts

Jörgen

You do not say anything about VM and Joomla versions.

Have You checked the in stock and booked data in backend. Perhaps the product was cloned and the original had f.e negative booked data ?
Try to set booked to -1 and see if you can order the product, This could be the issue.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.