VM 3.0.12 - ADMIN ISSUE - PRODUCT LAYOUT IN BACKEND CONFIGERATION MAJOR PROBLEMS

Started by ORANGEMI, February 27, 2016, 02:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORANGEMI

I have VM 3.0.12 and Joomla 3.4.8

My developer needed to reload VM and since this the product layout has changed in the back end (Administration).  It now is a long page instead of tabs across to enable changes and creating a product. Attached is a photo of the current view of a product in the back end. (administration area) of my website.

This is causing several issues in creating a product or cloning a product and uploading images, it is causing constant issues particularly with loading photos

My developer as reloaded VM several times and it has not fixed the issue.

I am reaching out for help as we can not find a fix and I need to be able to upload and change products.

Thank you in advance

Jörgen

Hello

If Virtuemart is reloaded then this would be an issuse with either a newly installed backend module or component similar that that screws up the layout in the backend. I nothing like that has been installed, there is a possibility that some files has been damaged in the Joomla install. Take a backup and reinstall Joomla.

Another thing that springs to mind is the template for the backend, what template for the backend are you using?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

it is normally a JS error causing the vm2admin.js to fail -- have u checked your JS console for errors?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ORANGEMI

Hi Jörgen
thank you for your reply, the template is     http://themeforest.net/item/looks-virtuemart-parallax-template/8282621

Hi Jenkinhill
thank you for the links

hi GJC Web Design
thank you for your ideas

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I truly appreciate your taking the time.
I have passed these onto my developer and will let you know how it goes.

Jörgen

Hello ORANGEMI

By the looks of it, this could definitely have something to do with the template, it seems to have a advanced Admin.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.