News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom field boolean price per order not per item

Started by DaDoctor, January 15, 2016, 23:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDoctor

Hi folks,

I was wondering if I can get some help or pointed in the right direction.  I have 2 issues I am trying to tackle.

For all my products, the customer shall be able to choose a custom logo to add to their items for a flat fee.

1) Is there an extension out there to allow customers to upload a file (logo) during checkout for an extra charge/flat fee?
2) I added a custom field of type boolean to the products, which has a No option (no additional charge) and a Yes option ($35 additional charge).  Choosing yes will add the flat fee amount of $35 but it isn't calculated how I like it to be. 

I would like the logo amount to be a one time fee and not by quantity

Example:
Product A is $10.
Minimum Quantity is 100.
Logo fee is $35
Customer selects product A with Quantity of 100 and selects the logo option, the total price should be 10*100+35 = 1035. 
Currently with the above scenario, the price outcome is (10+35)*100 = 4500 (the logo fee is per quantity which I do not want)

I do not have a preference if the extra option (logo) displayed on the product detail page or if its displayed in the shopping cart, I just want the functionality to work as expected.

I hope I explained it right and I apologize if this has been covered, I just can't seem to find it through the search.

lindapowers

This is the current limitation of not being able to add custom fields just at checkoout.

Jörgen

Hello

I looked at calculation rules per bill. This could maybe work.

Make a rule, Logo, before tax per bill.
Make a productcategory Logo (hidden) to assign the rule logo to.
Assign the rule Logo only to category logo.

But it seem that it works for the whole order, not only for the given category.  :( To elevate the problem I get some very strange effects if I make it Before tax per bill. In that case i get the logo cost applied 3 (three) times. It also applies on the freight and payment option. If I make it per bill after tax I only get one logo fee per bill. But it is still always added to the bill. Not what I expected, but apart from the three times added fee, maybe this is how it should work. Would have been great if had been doable.

Tested on VM 3.0.8 and Joomla 3.4.8

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.