News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

From VM1 to VM3

Started by blue001, October 19, 2015, 13:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue001

Hello everybody,

I am using:

Template Yootheme, PHP Version 5.2.17, VirtueMart 1.1.9 and Joomla 1.5.14

I would like to updated to the latest version of Virtuemart and Joomla.

In this case it would be Virtuemart 3 and Joomla 3.4. I will be using Yootheme so I would like to use vmuikit 3.0.7

The new server where I will be using PHP 5.6 (5.6.13)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would be the steps I have to take?
I guess if I am lucky I do not have to go from VM1 to VM2 and then VM3. I can go from VM1 to VM3.

I consider if there is a way to install a clean Joomla 3.4 with Virtuemart 3 and with vmuikit 3.0.7 theme and  to export from lower and import to latest version.

Export and Import:
Previos Orders
Shopper List (usernames, pass, address ....)
Products

I can even export manually Products and categories.

But I still need Shopper List (usernames, pass, address ....) and Previos Orders.
Is there an extension that take cares of these (Shoper List and Previous Orders)? So Previous customers can login

I am following these advices:
-----------------------------------------
I would do the testings in the server destination as adviced in other forum answers (I will not do the testing locally in my hard drive, for example using wamp)
I will not upgrade the live web site.
I will be making backup copies.
-----------------------------------------

Thank you in advanced for the suggestions.

Note: If I do not get it  I will be paying an expert. Example:elance.com

jenkinhill

Forget about using a fancy template for the moment. Once migration is complete and Joomla/VM are working OK and no further debugging is required, then you can play with the template.

Make it easy for yourself, save a lot of time and use the Daycounts migrator.  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/import-export/virtuemart-migrator-detail
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

blue001

Inside Daycounts migrator, it says:

Install blank Joomla 2.5 and VirtueMart 2/3 on the same server as your existing website

---------
Can I start by installing a blank Joomla 3.4.4 and VirtueMart 3 on the same server as my existing website ?

jenkinhill

Yes - the Daycounts documentation covers it all.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jimleeder123

I think if its not on the same server you have to use FTP
Web Developer and blogger

Joomla 3.4.8  (2.5 on some)
VM 3.0.12
PHP 5.6 (5.4 on websites with Joomla 2.5)

http://jimleeder.co.uk