Shoppe info not stored during registration so checkout is not possible for them.

Started by Maurice M, November 06, 2014, 19:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice M

After lurking for a long time I can't find the solution to my (months long) problem. I am running Joomla 2.5.27 and VM2.6.6. My shop works fine, so does registration but when they want to use checkout the system stalls and gives attached errors. Obviously it has no address information as it was never asked during registration. Clicking the Checkout button does nothing.

I'm not an experienced user of Joomla or PHP so hopefully you don't bombard me with too much high tech jargon 8-)
Thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Looks like it could be a configuration error or a bad template! But without a URL nobody can see what is really happening.

You should have upgraded to at least VM2.6.10 by now.  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/462-security-release-of-vm2-6-10-and-vm2-9-9b
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Maurice M

I was hoping you would chime in 8-) I wasn't sure if I should post the URL here but it is www.grandtouringusa.com. I had attached a screen shot of what a registered client went though when he wanted to order. He is nicely registered although no address data are stored. I will try to update as you say, thank you!

jenkinhill

I see multiple JavaScript errors, which we have come to expect when using RT templates. Check using the debugger in IE, as that is the most affected browser. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638.0

Registration problem is that for some reason you are using Joomla's registration but seem to have VM registration turned off. It is VM's registration that you need to use at checkout so make sure that you have "On checkout, ask for registration " turned on. You can also make a menu link to VM registration (VirtueMart Account Maintenance) if necessary.  Not sure if the lack or refistration request is related to the template overrides you are using so you could try renaming the override directory at /templates/rt_halcyon/html/com_virtuemart to force the system to use VM's default templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Maurice M

Hello Kelvyn, I'm trying to assess this one suggestion at a time: here is a screenshot of what's clicked in my VM side, the "On checkout, ask for registration " was always turned on. Maybe you see anything else in that list that's not correct. The site just doesn't ask for an address at al, not even at registration - maybe that is where the error lies?

Is there an explanation (maybe already posted) to explain how I force the system to use the overrides you mention?

I am using Firefox but will see what the debugger in IE tells me. Is it okay to publish a list of errors here? Thank you,
Maurice

[attachment cleanup by admin]