News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

User access to virtuemart backend only

Started by Khaostar, March 27, 2014, 15:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaostar

Hi!

I'm looking for a solution to this for a couple of days now. I found some solutions on the forum, but nothing works.... :(

I want to set a user to have full access to Virtuemart backend, but no access to joomla backend. Here is what I tried so far :

Create a new Joomla user group under "Super User"
Give access to everything but "Super Admin" and "Access Administration Interface" for this user group
Create a user in this group
Set VirtueMart to "multi Vendor"
Set the User as a vendor in virtuemart
Set the user as an "admin" in the database (vmusers table)

Doing that, the user can access Virtuemart backend only, but he can't do anything. There is nothing under the tabs "Products", Orders & Shoppers", etc. The only available options are those in the "tools" section.

The only way I found to give access to the virtuemart backend is to set the user as a Super User in Joomla. But doing that, he has access to Joomla backend too and I don't want that.

Anyone have a solution for that?

Virtuemart 2.0.26d
Joomla 2.5.19

Thanks! (And sorry if my English is bad. This is not my first language)

jenkinhill

In the next version, soon to be released but available as test version 2.5.5 ( http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files )  there is a full implementation of Joomla's ACL so you can set up an administrator with access to VM only.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Khaostar

Great! Good to know! :)

But for now, is there any solution?

Actually, only "super user" can access virtuemart. Is it normal or is it a bug on my site?

Thx!

jenkinhill

VM2.0.26d does have ACL so you probably have not set that up - go to Permissions, top right icon on Configuration page.  But this system does not allow a Joomla admin to see orders in VM unless they are made up to superuser. This is what is fixed in the next version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Khaostar

Thanks for your reply. I missed the permission setting on the top right of configuration tab. Now it works great exept for the orders, like you said.

Is there any little "hack" that can be done to made the orders available for the "non-superuser" ?

Thanks! :)

jenkinhill

No simple fix. Upgrade to VM2.6, to be released very soon, where ACL all works.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK