News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Merge Cusomer

Started by Nick-DE, March 26, 2014, 11:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick-DE

hi,

using vm more than 5 years. all works fine :-). updated/migrated from vm 1.x to vm 2.x. all works fine during the migration.

got only one problem. :

in older vm-versions it was possible to create more than one customer-account using the same e-mail-adress. now on vm 2.0.24c (yes i know there is a newer) this is a problem because a e-mail-adress only could be used once.

is there a way to merge the customers who have more than one account with the same e-mail-adress?

thanks for help.

greetings
nick

jenkinhill

It is a Joomla 2.5 limitation, a unique email address per user account, and VM2 complies with the Joomla standard. There is a way around this but I have never tested it:  http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-dec-2012/item/983-trick-to-use-same-email-used-on-multiple-joomla-user-accounts
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Nick-DE

thanks for reply. i know this with the unique adress. in old vm-versions you could use one mail-adress on multiple accounts.

the migration to vm2 did not check this. so all accounts are migrated and now i have some accounts with the same mail-adress. i would merge this accounts to one account - so - i would merge this so that there is one account with order-history of all merged accounts.

is there a Workaround for this?