News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

User Registration

Started by sujana, March 05, 2014, 04:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sujana

Hello all..

I am using VM2 in my joomla site.I am ne wto virtuemart.I have to find the solution for the following.Is this possible in virtuemart?I am in an urgent need.

When a user registers, and logs in to the form, there should be two buttons/banners displayed, one saying 'Click here to login as Wholesale dealer' , and another saying 'Click here to login as Customer'
b. When Wholesaler button is clicked, the products with prices list should be displayed
c. When 'Customer' button is clicked, products without prices should be displayed.

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sujana

Hello all..

I am using VM2 in my joomla site.I am ne wto virtuemart.I have to find the solution for the following.Is this possible in virtuemart?I am in an urgent need.

When a user registers, and logs in to the form, there should be two buttons/banners displayed, one saying 'Click here to login as Wholesale dealer' , and another saying 'Click here to login as Customer'
b. When Wholesaler button is clicked, the products with prices list should be displayed
c. When 'Customer' button is clicked, products without prices should be displayed.

Currently using VM2.0.20b on Joomla  2.5.16  PHP 5.4.25

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

First thing you shoud look at is updating your VirtueMart version as it is known to have critical security issues and should not be used on a live site. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Normal way to handle wholesale & retail shoppers is to set up the store normally for retail users. For wholesalers they should contact the shop owner first as it is important to confirm their credentials, then set up an account for them and allocate them to the wholesaler shopper group and use shopper group specific pricing for that group only. You do not necessarily need to apply a shopper group for retail prices, although it does make sense to allocate those prices to anonymous and default shopper groups.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum