News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Translate Spanish

Started by cespal, February 12, 2014, 14:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cespal

Hi, I'm using a Joomla 2.5 shop with virtuemart. It's possible the Administrator spanish language in Virtuemart 2?
Thank you very much

jjk

Yes, you can download and install the spanish language files here:
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations
You have to choose Spanish as the administrator default language in Joomla in order to see the VirtueMart backend in Spanish, too.
If you want to use Spanish as the primary language for the shop frontend, too, you also should set Spanish as the default site language in Joomla.
In VirtueMart Configuration, choose Spanish as the shop language and when you add your first products, check if your spanish product descriptions are stored correctly in the VM tables ending with ...es_es.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?

cespal

Thank you very much jjk,

I have the spanish language in the installed site and administration. But Virtuemart shows in English.
I had a Virtuemart shop in local, but now I make another Joomla 2.5 with virtuemart 2.0.28 and I've wanted to migrate the database products that I've made in the old virtuemart shop.
I've installed the com_virtuemart, then the com_virtuemart_aio. Later I've deleted the virtuemart tables of products and I've imported the virtuemart tables of products of the old web.
But the administration zone and the frontend of Virtuemart show in English.  All the other in Spanish. And the products can't show the images.
What I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much

jjk

Quote from: cespal on February 12, 2014, 21:08:01 PM
What I am doing wrong?
Thank you very much

You might have lost some necessary data stored in the Joomla database tables. Do you work on your own computer using xampp or wamp, or did you install another Joomla/VM in a subdirectory of your live website?

The procedure which I usually use to make a copy of an existing Joomla/VM installation on my own PC is:

1. create a new folder in the xampp\htdocs directory (I use the version names to distinguish my test shops, like e.g. j2517vm2026 or j2518vm2027, so the address in the browser is for example localhost/j2517vm2027)
2. copy all Joomla/VM files into the new folder
3. export the database of a previous Joomla/VM installation, including the 'Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT' enabled in phpMyAdmin 'Export' tab.
4. create a new database table using a new name, like e.g. j2518vm2027 and with collation set to utf-8_general_ci.
5. import the previous database table into the new one.
6. log into the new Joomla/VM copy administration and change the database name, the  Path to Log Folder and the Path to Temp folder to the new name.
7. After clicking on 'Save' log in again and change the 'Safe path' in VirtueMart configuration to the new location.
8. Update VirtueMart if required.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?