How to get rid of inline CSS? I'm assuming it's created by js files...

Started by DollarBill, October 11, 2012, 21:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DollarBill

Hello all, I'm new to Virtuemart and have run into a problem I haven't been able to figure out.  The page is generating inline css that I haven't been able to get rid of or override.  I am working on formatting the product details page for this shop:  http://www.aurorajoleendesigns.com/joomla/index.php/component/virtuemart/rings/amarillo-detail?Itemid=0

I've searched and searched again and have seen a few references to this topic but most dealt with inline css in php files that are easy to change.  What I am seeing is css that is created on the fly.   For instance, if you inspect the product description using firebug you can see that the text is formatted like so:

<p style="text-align: center;">
<span style="font-size: medium; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">

I created a css rule to try and override the centered text but it seems the inline css takes precedence.

How do you get around it?  Thanks!

PRO

sounds like your content editor doing it

go into the product edit, and then "view source" to check

DollarBill

BINGO!!  Thank you!  I would have never thought to look there.  Now I'm going to go beat the owner's knuckles with a ruler for formatting the text that way!

s123k

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

s123k

beat the owner of what? >_>

when i try to edit the html in virtuemart product description and when I click save, it changes it back to <p class="western" style="margin-bottom: 0cm;" lang="de-DE"><span style="font-family: 'Gotham Light', serif;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span lang="en-US">

jenkinhill

Beat the owner of the site - these thing are so often user error and unrelated to VM, as with the OP.

Looks like copy & pasting from Word or similar? Or a problem with the Joomla MCE/JCE editor.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

s123k

Ok, so it was tinyMCE that was doing that (I wonder why?). I changed the Joomla default editor to CodeMirror or none and it works fine.

Thanks