News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Previous & Next Buttons Do Not Work Properly

Started by ren3784, August 16, 2012, 20:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ren3784

So there are a lot of products in my Virtuemart db, so the previous and next buttons with the numbers are very helpful.

However, when someone clicks "next" or page 2 from the first page and then tries to click "previous" or "1", the page does not go back. It stays on page 2. If I go to page 3 or 4, things continue fine, but it still will not allow a user to go back to page 1. I can go to any page except 1 again.

Even when I click the category again, it will never go to page 1 again.

What could be causing this??
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block
http://developerzblock.com

bytelord

Hello,

You forgot to post your Joomla, VM and PHP version.

Because this issue has been reported a lot could you please try (after backup your site) to upgrade to newer version 2.0.9b?
Test it and please post back your results.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

efocus

I just upgraded to version 2.0.10. Same issue. This particular client does not have a lot of products but they noticed it just they same. To give it as much testing as I can, I set the results to 3 per page so that I'd have 5 pages to test:

1. Starting on page 1, 'Next' goes to pages 2, 3, 4, 5 with no problem.
2. Starting on page 5, 'Prev' goes to pages 4, 3, 2 with no problem. However, when I click 'Prev' to go to page 1, it goes to page 3 instead.
3. Starting on page 5, clicking on links '4', '3', '2' go to their appropriate pages. However, when I click link '1', it stays on page 5.
4. Starting on page 4, clicking on links '5', '3', '2' go to their appropriate pages. However, when I click link '1', it goes to page 5.
5. Starting on page 3, clicking on links '5', '4', '2' go to their appropriate pages. However, when I click link '1', it goes to page 4.
6. Starting on page 2, clicking on links '5', '4', '3' go to their appropriate pages. However, when I click link '1', it goes to page 3.
7. Starting anywhere, I can click 'End' and it goes there with no problem.
8. Starting on page 5, when I click 'Start' it stays on page 5.
9. Starting on page 4, clicking 'Start' goes to page 5.
10. Starting on page 3, clicking 'Start' goes to page 4.
11. Starting on page 2, clicking 'Start' goes to page 3.

There is a pattern to this madness. Hopefully it helps a VM programmer to find the bug. The worst part of this unexpected behavior is that a visitor can't get back to the first page. The only way I can do it is to go to a different category and then come back again. Sales can be lost this way.

bytelord

Hello,

If you disable SEF how is responding?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

namangarg88

I am facing the same problem. Joomla version: 1.5.26, and virtuemart 2.0.10. Can any anybody help me out!
Thanks in advance