News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

thoughts on using artiseer

Started by kobiashi, October 07, 2012, 16:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobiashi

hello,
         i have recently started using joomla and virtuemart, and have found a piece of software for creating templates, on the outside to looks very good, and it allows for very customisable templates.

i`m just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on using artiseer and if any one has any reasons not to use it?

bytelord

Hello,

Some users experienced problems using artiseer cause of css overrides on the joomla template.
If you familiar with PHP, HTML and CSS i think you will be able to edit or correct your template created by artiseer.
What you can do is to make a test installation with your artiseer  template and install vm to see exactly what "happens" and if you are able to make the corrections.
As i remember from other users posts was facing some issues also, except with CSS, with javascript.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jenkinhill

Artisteer is really not very good if you are making a Joomla template. There have been javascript conflicts with some Joomla components, including VirtueMart, and the css usually needs altering to work with this. Version 3 was not too bad, but version 4 is more aimed at beginners and has been dumbed down to work best with static html sites, as it now works with you to add content to static pages as well as create layouts. You also have a limited number of possible user prositions for modules etc.

Have a look though the relevant forum to see some of the issues that people are having: http://www.artisteer.com/?forum_id=20&p=forum_topics

The template code generated is non-standard, so while it is relatively easy to modify existing Joomla templates (such as commercial ones), you really have to go back to the artisteer program to make changes.

The $130 may be better spent on membership of a Joomla template club, unless you are going to make a whole load of website templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum