News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Register form layout problem

Started by eag, May 08, 2012, 15:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eag

I've a problem with fields order at register form.

after set up positions in administration, anything change at front page.

If I create a new field, type delimiter, this one appears twice in front page.

I need 3 groups in page layout, like this:

Fill in those fields to create an account
  user name
  displayed name
  Password
  Confirm Password

My other group
   my field 1
   my field 2

Bill To
  name
  surname
  address

Any idea?

thanks in advance

QuoteJoomla 2.5.4
VM 2.0.6
PHP 5.3.3

tvrtko

I have the same problem.

Also using Joomla 2.5.4 and Virtuemart 2.0.6 (exact problem was in the Virtuemart version 2.0.3.)

When I create new delimiter I get it doubled. The text "Add/Edit billing address information" also gets doubled.
Also ordering of shopper fields does not work good.

If it is necessary I can upload a print screen of the error.

eag

Hi,

It is a problem with the code from: /components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_address_userfields.php

To solve, I override the view in my template, and entirely reprogrammed. And adjust to my project requirements.

best regards

monkeybutt

i have the same issue...i tried to create a delimiter for a 3rd section of information, but it just places an empty fieldset below the headers for the user info and the add/edit billing.

Interesting that if i unpublish the delimiters, the headers still exist.

I looked at the file mentioned (edit_address_userfields.php), but i have no idea what to do with it to solve the problem.

Attached is what the account maintenance screen looks like for a logged in user (with delimiters published)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

eag

You have to read the entire file. And understanding the operation of programming, in my opinion is incorrect and has bugs as soon as you add or change fields positions.

if you do not understand code in the file, you'll also understand the changes I made ​​in my override.