News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multipurpose Responsive VirtueMart Template - VP Smart

Started by Jumbo!, April 25, 2017, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumbo!

VP Smart v3.22 released. This release fixes a few critical compatibility issues with VirtueMart 4.8.0 and above. It also includes numerous bug fixes. We recommend that all users install the update as soon as possible. Do not update to VirtueMart 4.8.0 before installing the template update.

Please refer to the changelog for more information: https://www.virtueplanet.com/forum/vp-smart-joomla-template.

waqar@wimoffroad.com

Hi Jumbo,

I'm in trouble and need your help. I'm currently using the VirtuePlanet Smart Template with VirtueMart 4.4.4 on Joomla 4.

My problem is with the category URL structure. I have created a main menu item and several sub-menu items, and I have linked my VirtueMart categories to these menu items.

However, the problem is that Joomla/VirtueMart is adding the entire menu/category hierarchy to the URL.

For example, my current URL is:

https://www.wimoffroad.com/online/wheels/atv-utv-wheel-brands/msa-atv-utv-wheels.html

Instead, I want the URL to be:

https://www.wimoffroad.com/online/msa-atv-utv-wheels.html

For this reason, I would like to link my VirtueMart categories directly to one main menu item without including all the parent menu/category names in the URL.

Is there a way to achieve this in VirtueMart 4.4.4 with the VirtuePlanet Smart Template and Joomla 4? Or is there another recommended solution?

Basically, what I want is for the URL to show only the final/active category name and the final product name, rather than the entire category hierarchy.

Please let me know the correct settings or configuration I should use.

Thank you.

Jumbo!

Quote from: waqar@wimoffroad.com on September 17, 2026, 02:04:23 AMHi Jumbo,

I'm in trouble and need your help. I'm currently using the VirtuePlanet Smart Template with VirtueMart 4.4.4 on Joomla 4.

My problem is with the category URL structure. I have created a main menu item and several sub-menu items, and I have linked my VirtueMart categories to these menu items.

However, the problem is that Joomla/VirtueMart is adding the entire menu/category hierarchy to the URL.

For example, my current URL is:

https://www.wimoffroad.com/online/wheels/atv-utv-wheel-brands/msa-atv-utv-wheels.html

Instead, I want the URL to be:

https://www.wimoffroad.com/online/msa-atv-utv-wheels.html

For this reason, I would like to link my VirtueMart categories directly to one main menu item without including all the parent menu/category names in the URL.

Is there a way to achieve this in VirtueMart 4.4.4 with the VirtuePlanet Smart Template and Joomla 4? Or is there another recommended solution?

Basically, what I want is for the URL to show only the final/active category name and the final product name, rather than the entire category hierarchy.

Please let me know the correct settings or configuration I should use.

Thank you.


Your site URLs are not connected to VP Smart or any template. Instead, Joomla and VirtueMart handle them directly. If you prefer not to include categories in your product page URLs, you can disable the "Use full category tree for product links" option in the VirtueMart Configuration.

Additionally, please note that this is not our product support forum. For any questions related to our products, please post in our support forum: https://www.virtueplanet.com/forum/.