News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Any way to reset all item weights en masse?

Started by Tikkiro, April 09, 2013, 16:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikkiro

Hi guys
Did try searches for this but couldn't get any results so possibly just not using the right keywords - apologies if it's been dealt with previously.

I've got a catalogue of perhaps 60-80 greeting cards which I initially stupidly set up as having a weight in x kg (don't ask!) however, now since I've a better handle of VM and postage etc, I'd like to revert these all to their correct weights which would pref be in grammes.  While I appreciate I could just change the decimal point, that's still going to require me to take a long time to fix.

SO I'm trying to see if there's any means of doing this quicker than working through every single item & changing it.

APpreciate any input to the problem.
Thanks.

Sicos

Hi,

Just do an update directly on the virtuemart_products table in your mysql database.
The column that needs to be updates is "product_weight_uom"

Greetings

Tikkiro

Thanks SO much for both your speedy reply & your good suggestion - stupidly hadn't even thought of trying it on the database.  Much appreciated.

Tikkiro

Sorry - had thought it would somehow be a lot simpler working on the database but as I'm a database novice of sorts, I'm lost as to what sort of instruction to apply or how to set it up to fix them all in one go? 

Anyone willing to help me out?

I'm using VM 2.0.20b
Database Version    5.5.30-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    Apache/2
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.9 Stable [ Ember ] 4-February-2013 14:00 GMT

Thanks again.

AH

This would be a simple MYSQL statement, however if you are a real novice, By the time you have setup a test to ensure you know what you are doing will work, it  you might be safer to update the 80 products manually. 

However if you can manage to get to the phpmyadmin and open the product table

the SQL is

UPDATE xxx_virtuemart_products SET product_weight_uom = "newuom"

where xxx is you table prefix and newuom is the unit of measure you require.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0