News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Article/Menu Access post-payment?

Started by nebula9studio, June 21, 2012, 06:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebula9studio

So, i'm building a website for a client and i'd like to require people to register. I'd also like to keep certain menus/articles hidden until the registrant has paid for access during that registration. Is there a way to make virtuemart allow for both of these steps to be taken care of in one swoop? i.e. visitor clicks "Purchase Member Access Here" on main page, goes through registration, pays with credit card, and then is instantaneously given access to previously restricted menus and articles that didn't show up on the home screen once a successful payment has been made in virtuemart? Thanks!

jenkinhill

There would be a problem in using VirtueMart for this, as the only way to hide menus inh Joomla/VM is to allow their display only to registered users. They would appear once registration is confirmed, not when a subsequent payment is made.

To do somthing similar to what you are requiring on Joomla I use the CBSubs plugin with Community Builder, although there are other access control addons for Joomla.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum