News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product attribute/option problem

Started by ik, June 20, 2012, 22:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ik

Hello. First excuse me if this was already answered somewhere else in the forum but I didn't find it, so if that's the case I would appreciate a link to the post.

Here is my question:
I am building an online ordering web site for a pizzeria. I want the customer to be able to add, substitute toppings to the products from their detail pages e.g.:

Small Cheese Pizza - $7.90 (regular cheese pizza)
Small Cheese Pizza with meatballs - $8.90... (with added 'meatballs')

There would be a button named 'add' which on click would show all the toppings available. The toppings would effect the price of course.

I need to know if am able to implement that without writing an extension for VM or hacking its code ( somehow through the 'product's custom fields' in the vm may be).
Thanks in advance for Your help.
Ivan

Jobin Jose

Hi ik,

You are not mention which version of Vm using.
this is for Vm 2.0 and above
I think you need same item( change in flavor or color or anything) with different prices ? You can do this by using two method.

1) For using custom fields  you can simply manage this situation and add extra price or (+-) to the main one.(this way you cannot keep the separate stock).
2) Use Parent child relation for the product for implementing two products with same category or name but difference in price.

ik

I'm sorry. I am using VM 2.0.6 and Joomla 1.5.26.