News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Payment Gateways

Started by monkeybutt, May 09, 2012, 03:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybutt

I am currently using VM2.0.6 on a Joomla 1.7 site. I have installed AIO 2.0.6 but only have the Paypal gateway. What is the lowest version of VM that will will work on a Joomla 1.7 site AND has the Authorize.net gateway?

franzpeter

Obviously 2.07 has the authorize net included. But it is still in test status. By the way, VM 2 is barely usable. There is, until now only the most primitive Paypal payment included (email payment). There is no Paypal Express, no Skrill Moneybookers and other well known payment provider, even not as buyable plugins. As long as the most of the VM payment gateways are not offered as plugins, VM 2 is no choice for shopping cart.

monkeybutt

Thank you for the reply. 2.0.7 definitely looks like it is in test/dev...so i'll be staying away for this site since it is live not production. Any idea if VM1.9 will work with Joomla 1.7?

franzpeter

There is an adapted Virtuemart 1.1.9 version, which works with Joomla 2.5 http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/vm11j25/frs/. Did try it out and it seems to work in most cases. If you do not use a router and if you do not use CSVI, it may be a possible solution. It may also not work with modules from external developers if they do not offer those modules as cross compatible with Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. Most of the modules are developed for Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.x or Joomla 2.5 and VM 2. So they do not work, because VM 2 has another database structure and Joomla 2.5 does implement modules in a little bit different way.
So the adapted VM 1.1.9 version is only usable with the original (and adapted to Joomla 2.5) virtuemart modules. Payment and shipping extensions work as expected.

jenkinhill

monkeybutt, VM2.0.4 contained the Authorize gateway. It is also present in all versions since, including 2.0.6 - did you install the updated 2.0.6a aio component (com_virtuemart.2.0.6a_ext_aio.tar.gz)?

In 2.0.6 you should see these - I have them all:
Authorize.net
Paypal
Payzen
Standard
SystemPay
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

monkeybutt

I did install the 2.0.6 AIO...but your post indicates I should try to uninstall/reinstall. THank you.

alatak

Hi,

QuoteObviously 2.07 has the authorize net included. But it is still in test status.
Why are you saying it is in a test status?
As far as i know, people are using it. Which problem do you have?

franzpeter

@Alatak,

VM 2.0.7 shows in the developer portal, that it is a test version, the latest stable version is 2.0.6.

alatak

Hi,

Yes 2.0.7 is in a test status .
But Authorize.net is included in VM 2.0.6 also.

GooRu

Valeie...

Hi, I've been trying to use your website to send you mails, but it is not working for me...?

I need the paypal express and Google checkout plugins for VM 2.0 is development on these ready yet?
Joomla Web Development, Hosting and site management

alatak

Hi Curt,

They should be done in a while.
because it is needed.

GooRu

Valérie..

Thanks very much. You don't mention a timeline and I suppose you cannot give an exact timeline...could you say within a month perhaps?

teutara

hi there,

you may kill me but, i could not figure it out, so asking..

i need a online payment getaway, like buyer will enter credit card info and directed to a bank and instantaneously pay the amount, the one that we all using with almost every online shop. SSL and virtual pos system from bank is ready. what to do??

best,

GooRu

Does that mean you have a Merchant account? If so you need the payment plugin that is associated with your merchants gateway provider. For instance AUTHORIZE.NET is a default payment plugin that comes with VM2.0 and that is configured by you to connect to your gateway.

So find out who the gateway/merchant is and search for a plugin for them, hopefully it is available, if not post in the forum that you are looking and perhaps someone can write one.

Make sense?

teutara

thanks Curt,

It is iPAY, AFAIK there are some country specific modules for this purpose, but unfortunately information is really scattered, i could not find source for my problem.
Can you or someone direct me to some reasonable place?

Thanks again..