News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

help...virtuemart missing in the backend components area?

Started by sickenlysweete, November 24, 2013, 03:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sickenlysweete

i was trying out a new layout, and then went back to the old one. and the virtuemart backend is missing in the components are now?
i download it here and reinstalled and still nada.
my merchants and products show on the site, but i cant access the virtuemart back end at all.
any ideas how i can get that back?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

GJC Web Design

First look in your #__menu table in the database to see if the menu still exists

search for virtuemart in the `alias` column

SELECT *
FROM `jos_menu`
WHERE `alias` LIKE 'com-virtuemart'

if there check the `component_id`   - check it is the same as in the #__extensions table

search the `name` column for virtuemart and check what the `extension_id` is

SELECT *
FROM `jos_extensions`
WHERE `name` LIKE 'virtuemart'

if different change the `component_id` in the menu table to it.

if the menu table is missing altogether you can insert a new one by running the sql query

INSERT INTO `jos_menu` (`id`, `menutype`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `path`, `link`, `type`, `published`, `parent_id`, `level`, `component_id`, `ordering`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `browserNav`, `access`, `img`, `template_style_id`, `params`, `lft`, `rgt`, `home`, `language`, `client_id`) VALUES
(102, 'main', 'COM_VIRTUEMART', 'com-virtuemart', '', 'com-virtuemart', 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart', 'component', 0, 1, 1, 10001, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 1, '../components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral/menu_icon.png', 0, '', 43, 44, 0, '', 1);

change the jos_menu to your table prefix

& 10001 to what every you found is the `extension_id` in the #__extensions table

choose an `id` (102) that isn't already present in the menu table
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum