News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

More issues with shopper groups

Started by newsomjk, July 11, 2013, 17:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsomjk

Ok, so I got my users set up to register with the VM registration and not the Joomla registration, so now they show up in the virtuemart shopper list.

They also get the correct shopper group if you go to Orders & Shoppers -> Shoppers and look in the "Shopper Group" column. However, they're not getting put in the database table "#__virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups" which is what I've been told to access to programmatically find a user's shopper group.

How can I get new users inserted into that table as well?

EDIT -
Also, it appears that using the VM registration does not always work. I just tried submitting the form 5 times and each time it loads, and shows

" Your account details
When you are already registered, please login directly here."

But it didn't add the user to any tables at all.

Milbo

they are automatically mapped to default.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

newsomjk

In the text yes. The table _virtuemart_vmusers sets the field 'perms' appropriately I believe (?) , but the table _virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups doesn't add any new users and that's the table mapping virtuemart_user_ids to virtuemart_shoppergroup_ids.

I'm trying to figure out how to add a sql call to the functions that are called when a new user is created so that I can do that one last query to set the value in the virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups table to make sure I've got all the bases covered.