News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

how to add and send custom content to buyer on order completion

Started by myplace2100, January 30, 2014, 00:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myplace2100

Hi
I see when order confirmed, a email with order details sent  to buyer.How do i add some additional content with that email content?
so that i include download link of product and some essential info.Plz answer in details so that i get it concisely.
joomla & wordpress extension developer

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

myplace2100

I'm already using spiral free download plugin to ease access to the download button if order completed.so i am just speculating about adding some custom content to the email template which is sent to buyer upon completion of order.so in a nutshell  where i can edit that email template ?

jenkinhill

The email template is  components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_shopper.php

Be sure to use the edited file as a template override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

myplace2100

I see but without editing file source, can i edit it via vm component from admin side? there must be options somewhere to what to include or not for order confirmation email to buyer

jenkinhill

You can edit the header/footer in Shop/Invoices tab, but that is all.  You can create a template override with an addded language variable that you can change via language overrides if you want.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK