News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

OpenGlobal VirtueMart Downloadable Products

Started by OpenGlobal, June 11, 2012, 17:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpenGlobal

Please use this thread to discuss the OpenGlobal VirtueMart Downloadable Products extension for VM2:

http://www.openglobal.co.uk/shop/joomla/virtuemart/virtuemart-downloadable-products-detail.html

OpenGlobal

tikos

Could you please explain to me, which are the differences between this extension and  the core team's (iStraxx) VirtueMart Downloadable Products extension??
In other words, why should I prefer your exrension instead of the vm core team's extension (except that it is less expensive)??
qb cube - internet solutions | web design & internet marketing
http://www.qbcube.com

OpenGlobal

The OpenGlobal VirtueMart Downloadable Products extension is released under a GPL licence so you can do whatever you want with it. The "core" equivalent is released under a proprietary licence which I have been unable to find.

Also, just as a matter of principle, a lot of people have issues with the idea of the core team removing "free" functionality from a product so that you can sell it. For this reason, the "core" equivalent has a bit of a stigma attached to it.

The OpenGlobal extension was produced for our own use (as our name suggests, we use open source and open licences wherever possible and avoid proprietary licences) and we released it for anyone with similar values.

I assume the functionality is largely the same but as we cannot legally accept a proprietary licence we cannot read, we've been unable to download it.

OpenGlobal

tikos

Is there any demo, or any site I can visit which is using that extension??
It would be better, of course, to be able to test it through joomla back-end admin, in order to decide wether it's ok for my needs.
qb cube - internet solutions | web design & internet marketing
http://www.qbcube.com

OpenGlobal

Quote from: tikos on June 23, 2012, 12:46:12 PM
Is there any demo, or any site I can visit which is using that extension??
It would be better, of course, to be able to test it through joomla back-end admin, in order to decide wether it's ok for my needs.

We've had a couple of requests for a demo site so we are hoping to have one set up within the next week or so.

Watch this space.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

The demo is now available, just follow the link from the product page.

We've also heard from a customer that another big difference between this product and the Shipment for Virtual Products plugin is that our product comes with instructions :-)

OpenGlobal

Rokell

Hi,
I'm looking for a Virtuemart module that allows downloadable products with dedicated serial numbers. We are selling software and with Virtuemart 1.xx I used a module where I could store serial numbers for each product. If the customer had payed, he automatically received an Email with the download link and the serial number for the purchased software.
Is that feature part of your extention?
Thanks
Roger

BTW: the contact form on your website didn't work for me.

OpenGlobal

Quote from: Rokell on August 20, 2012, 11:40:53 AM
I'm looking for a Virtuemart module that allows downloadable products with dedicated serial numbers. We are selling software and with Virtuemart 1.xx I used a module where I could store serial numbers for each product. If the customer had payed, he automatically received an Email with the download link and the serial number for the purchased software.
Is that feature part of your extention?

Unfortunately, no.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: Rokell on August 20, 2012, 11:40:53 AM
BTW: the contact form on your website didn't work for me.

Thanks, now fixed.

OpenGlobal

jux

Ok but i have a question now,
Why this feature that were free in VM 1 become now an option and you have to pay to install it?

Are you going to develop a free plugin one day?

If it continues I won't see the advantage of having virtuemart... We will better go to prestashop or magento :(

OpenGlobal

Quote from: juliengrano on November 15, 2012, 15:46:24 PM
Why this feature that were free in VM 1 become now an option and you have to pay to install it?

I'm afraid you'll have to ask VirtueMart.

OpenGlobal

ricopoulos

Hi,

I'm very interested with this plugin but I have few question :

- In your website you say " ... is only compatible with Joomla 1.6-2.5 and VirtueMart 2.x." ... is it working now with Joomla 2.5.8 ?
- I search in the demo bac-end how to add your custom field in a product without success, can you explain how to proceed ?
- After the user upload an image, where admin can find it in order ?

Thanks

Eric

OpenGlobal

Hi,

Yes, it's fine. It just doesn't work with Joomla 1.0 and 1.5. Joomla 2.5.8 is "2.5".

This component has no facility for users to upload images. As the name indicates, it is just for downloadable products. You'll need the Upload Custom Field instead:

http://www.openglobal.co.uk/shop/joomla/virtuemart/virtuemart-upload-custom-field-detail.html

OpenGlobal

drizzt99

Hi,
I can't see anything related to the "downloadable product" in the demo on your site.
Is the demo still active?

OpenGlobal

Yes, it's still there. I suspect it's just people fiddling with the config. Have a read of the instruction manual PDF for how to re-configure to your needs.

OpenGlobal