News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New Install error

Started by morear, March 04, 2016, 21:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morear

I just did a fresh install of VirtueMart3.0.12_Joomla_2.5.29-Stable-Full_Package_with_security_patch. Everything seemed to install just fine and I removed installation folder.

When I log into back office every drop down menu item throws this error

Install Virtuemart first, click on the menu component and select VirtueMart

What did I do wrong?  Thank you

jenkinhill

When you saw the final installation page did you click on the link to "Reset all tables and do a fresh install " or whatever it said? That final step installs VirtueMart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

morear

oh ...no

guess I need to start over

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

straightupjay45

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 05, 2016, 00:20:13 AM
When you saw the final installation page did you click on the link to "Reset all tables and do a fresh install " or whatever it said? That final step installs VirtueMart.

Did everything exactly the same but upon installing, it just hangs.  I waited over an hour for it to finish till I gave up and restarted the process but still the same.  I'm attempting for the fifth time with much frustration.  Should I just wait it out till it finishes? Any help or tips or clue for me on this would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

GJC Web Design

where are u installing? localhost? cheap crappy server? quality dedicated..   ;) ?  (I think not  :))

Sounds like it runs out of resources  -- try a std Joomla then VM install
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Installing the VirtueMart3.0.13_Joomla_2.5.29-Stable-Full_Package.zip package should work with no hangs as long as the server does not have crippled resources.

To install on a server first set up a MySQL database, usually done through a cPanel.
Unpack the fill package on your local PC and ftp all files to a suitable directory on the server. Or upload the zip package with ftp and unpack on the server (most have a utilility for doing that).
In your web browser go to yourdomain.com/the directory in which you placed the files (if it was a subdirectory)
The Joomla installer should now start, so go through each install stage in turn.
After the initial installation is complete you should find yourself at the site administrator login. Login with the username and password you entered during installation.
You will now see the VirtueMart tools screen (image below). Click on the Reset all tables and install sample data icon. This sets up the VirtueMart component with sample data so you can see how everything works in the backend.
If you view the front end of the site you should find a VM version of the Beez template with menu and products all set up.

It really is that simple.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum