News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart Shopping cart module not work

Started by Midhat, June 09, 2012, 14:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midhat

Hi, I'm trying to do the upgrade Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 1 on a Virtuemart 2.
With Joomla I have not any problems. The problems began with Virtuemart. so I decided to fresh install Virtuemart.
My first problem was a conflict Virtuemart Shopping cart module with Ja Slideshow module on the homepage. Slideshow is missing and a shopping cart not working.
Then I turned off JaSlideshow module, but the Virtuemart shopping cart is still not working and I can not put any product in cart.
What's the problem?

Orginal joomla 1.5 site wit Virtuemart 1 and Slideshow: http://becart.ba
New joomla 2.5 site with Virtuemart 2 (only 1 test product): http://becart.ba/v2/index.php/prodavnica

Thanks in advance,
Midhat

jenkinhill

You have a JavaScript conflict with  the template T3 script: t3-assets/js_0cf78.js preventing AJAX from running and adding to the cart. Try with a different non-T3 template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Midhat

Thanks for answer.
So is there any way that virtuemart 2 works with  T3 template. Virtuemart one worked without any problems.

jenkinhill

I don't know.If that JS file is common to and required by T3 (which I have never used) then it may be difficult.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

revampnet

I am having the same issue STILL!  I have tried different templates, non-T3 templates and still have the issue.  I have disabled all extras just to make is a site with VM2, and the + & - buttons do nothing and my cart is STILL empty.  I have been searching and searching, but no one has answers.  Anyone know of a different ecommerce tool that I can count on?  I had very little problems before VM2, now I am regretting, but am in a spot I cannot go back, and have paid money for extras I will not be able to get my money back on...

Please help.  Willing to pay someone to give me a straight answer to make this work!  I need to have this resolved tonight.

As much as I want everyone to see the resolve, if you can fix this, PM or email me. 

Thanks

VM2 2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.2

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jmv

Great thanks. It worked for me too. By saying NO to the CSS optimisation I also fixed the drop-down menus that refused to work in the shop!